Wednesday, November 2, 2011

AN ART NERD'S NIGHT OUT & What I Wore

In typical nerd fashion, I don't have much of a social life. I seldom go out, and when I do have an event it involves my children's social lives rather than mine--bummer.

I do enjoy visiting museums very much. Show openings and artist talks are even better. Last Friday was one of those special evenings when I had the pleasure of attending a gallery opening and hearing an artist talk by Dr. Michael D. Harris. The show, Equal Rites was a mini retrospective that traveled from the Hammonds House Museum in Atlanta, Georgia to the Tubman African American Museum in Macon, Georgia.


I use the term mini retrospective, because Dr. Harris's body of work is expansive and still growing. He is just as much of an accomplished scholar as he is an artist. I am in awe of how well he balances both. {I gave up in my first year of graduate school when I folded down my easel to use it for book storage} Nevertheless, I left the museum encouraged/inspired and meditating on my reasons for applying to graduate school in the first place.

Visit Equal Rites if you are in Georgia, or spread the word if you know someone who will be.

Out the door carrying the books by Dr. Harris that I want signed
in a dress by Torrid, shirt by Gap, cardigan by The Limited



Dr.Harris & me
I should have reviewed my pictures before I left the museum (sad face)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I l♥ve to hear from my readers:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...