Monday, December 10, 2012

Mood Board Monday



Sewing has become a refuge for me. I love the meditative hum of my machine as I tune out the world and focus on a project. The latest is a dress inspired by Tracey Reese. I love contrasting sections of the bodice and skirt. Instead of the floral pattern on Reese's design, I'm using an Ankara fabric from my stash combined with navy blue with Simplicity Pattern #1803.

And it's December! I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge ROSA PARKS (!) the seamstress who gives me constant inspiration with her revolutionary act of refusing to relinquish her seat on a bus, which sparked the Montgomery Bus Boycott of 1955.

Portrait of a Woman with a Sewing Machine
by Renowned Malain Photographer Seydou Keïta
I wish I had her sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I l♥ve to hear from my readers:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...