Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Problem with "Non-Trads," Part II

It’s been a month since I lost my mother due to the complications of a cerebral aneurysm.  I actually wrote my last blog post from a neurosciences center in New Jersey, as I prayed and waited for mountains to move. They did move but not in the direction that I thought they would.  Being the conscientious and consummate scholar that I am, I brought my French study materials with me to the hospital waiting room.  But there was no way that I could focus…
Needless to say, I failed my class. Since I could not produce proof of my Mother’s illness and death in time I could not get an incomplete grade (gotta love academia). None of it mattered and I told the department so.  This small setback will not keep me from my ultimate goal. 
But I will miss my Mommy cheering me on as I cross the stage to become Dr. Elizabeth Carmel Hamilton, Ph.D...
She believed in me, even as I marched in my high school graduation six months pregnant…
I kept an impromptu log of my feelings on Facebook during this ordeal:
7.31- dancing through this storm, to the dopest rhythms of thunder & lightening that only the Most High could compose
8.9- swaying to the sweetest refrain: "peace for despair..." in a melody that's so soothing & so healing -- it's a balm for my vexed soul courtesy of my Creator
8.13- still dancing through this storm to the dopest rhythms courtesy of the Most High--"The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you with His love; He will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17)
8.18- experiencing a debilitating pain so deep that it rocks my soul; but when I close my eyes I realize that I'm being cradled in the arms of my Creator. I still hear that celestial refrain & soothing rhythm: "beauty for ashes"
8.19- not going outside in the rain to hide my tears. I'm going to join in with the heavens to mourn the loss of her celestial presence. The raindrops fall to the rhythm of a continual refrain: "peace for despair."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I l♥ve to hear from my readers:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...