Wednesday, January 11, 2012

JASON WU! Jason Wu? Jason Who...

When I heard that Jason Wu was creating a line for Target I was elated. I imagined a collection of sophisticated sheath dresses and gorgeous ballet flats in beautiful colors and a myriad of textures like the wardrobe he created for First Lady Michelle Obama.

However, the lookbook dashed my hopes. The shapes are very different from what I imagined--it was full of girlish frocks. Wu expressed that he had no intention of copying his runway show, but creating something fresh for the Target collection.  I understand. He can't have the entire female population of the U.S. walking around in Mrs. Obama's signature style.

The reactions to the lookbook on Facebook are split.
Wu's work is beautiful and he is, without question, a talented designer, but I was given a tricycle when I expected a Harley...Available in stores February 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I l♥ve to hear from my readers:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...